Monday, October 12, 2015

New Wine In A Very Old Bottle

Something seems very different... Very oddly out of place... I feel very out-of-place... What is this place?... Who are these people?... I look at myself in the mirror... I don't recognize the person staring back at me... That youthful mane I used to sport no more belonged in its place... Instead, there was an untidy growth of hair all over my face... Thick enough to hide all of my emotions...

Random people gathered around me... Everyone's talking to me, but I don't hear any of them... I don't recognise any of them... This buzzing in my ear... I can't hold it much longer... I'm about to explode..........

Pune!... 9 months and counting... I can't believe I'm finally no longer in Kochi, a city I'd wanted to leave so many years ago, working in a job I wanted to quit even before that!...

Ok enough about Kochi... Well... Pune... Pune's been a boiling pot of experiences so far... I love my job but I hate it... I want to go back home but I don't want to go back... I miss my old friends but I don't... I want to make new friends but I don't want to... Then there are those long tea breaks with the even longer, boring conversations...

The Wall... it's thicker than ever... I don't even want to know who is on the other side anymore....

The city's great! Looking forward to being here for a while... Life here is a big party, and I'm the uninvited guest...

How did everything change? Those better days seem like they were way long ago... 8 years? or was it 10 years ago?... I have no idea...

What else is happening? Well, beef is banned... Maggi is banned... I'm kinda losing count of the things that are getting banned in this country... Got a new bike... MC:ROTT is at 6 on BFG's Top 100 Games... Yay!... At least something to smile about (Probably this is the only feel-good takeaway from that place)...



Looking forward to change.........




No comments: