Thursday, October 23, 2008

THE TRIP TO PURG- part I

the year is 2020... or is it 2021???.... ah... who cares!!!....
as long as i'm enjoyin the solitude....
sitting on the roof of my 32-storey apartment building i stay in gives me an awesome view of entire Perth... i never imagined Perth to be so beautiful!!!...
i look at the time... it's quarter past two in the morning!!...
'Bah... i've been drinkin too much...', i think to myself, holding the empty bottle of Vodka in my hand...
a cool breeze blew into my face... i look up at the sky... it's filled with stars...
'Starry Starry Night'.. i start humming the Don Mclean song... (Ha!.. reminds me of mridula!...)
i start thinking about my college days... unincidental, but fun....
i always wanted to go sky diving when i was in college.... hmmm.... i wonder what its like to go sky diving...
i suddenly wish my friend Victor was with me... would have been fun... the guy was always full of ideas!!...
i walk over to the skirting of the terrace... i lean over to look how high up i am....
the bottom of the building is not even faintly visible in the darkness....
the light wind keeps blowing at my face...
i feel adventurous and feel a sudden surge of blood...
i climb up onto the skirting and stand there with my arms spread-eagled (with my clothes still on!!!... duh!)...
the booze is getting to my head now... i feel an urge to fly...
i spread my arms out and leap forward...
'Ah!.. finally!!!... so this is what sky diving is like!...'
i feel young again....

the wind is blowing much harder into my face now...
i suddenly feel some pain...
the force with which i'm falling is making my head split with pain...
my hands and legs are almost tearing apart....

'Oh God!!!... Am i gonna die?????????'.............


THUDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............

No comments: