Monday, November 24, 2008

My Very Special Roomie

few months back, my two roomies had to move out of the place we were staying in.... so i was left to search fer a new roomie... since i didn't have any friends who wanted to move in, i had to wait for my landlord to bring another tenant to share my place....
finally, few days later, he did bring one...
the guy was particularly fair... or white rather.... pale white.... so white that i could count all the blood vessels in his body (although i didn't want to do that! just wanted to give you an idea of how fair he was)... after bringing him, the landlord took me outside the building and whispered into my ears "he's a jumpie!!.... be veeeeery carefullllllll!!!!"....
i wondered what a jumpie was... now, this guy being a tamil, his accent was terrible... and so i knew he would have meant something else, but couldn't think of anything that sounded like 'jumpie'... anyways, i went in to meet my new roomie.... he was sitting in a corner in his room and was staring at the wall... when i opened his door, he gave a sudden start.... the way he looked at me gave me the creeps.... his eyes were bloodshot and droopy.... and he kept twitching his nose as if trying to smell something.... i decided to ignore all that, and i walked over to him, extended my hand and gave him a typical tamil intro....
"myself randeep saar! student.... sathyabama callege (tamils pronounce "college" with an 'a' instead of the 'o').... you happy here???... very nice area saar... food no problem.... very nice dosa place five minute walk saar...." there was no response... but i did manage to hear a faint grunt.... 'what a weirdo', i thought to myself and went to my room.... the whole day, there was not a single sound from the guy's room.... at night, i heard a loud noise that made me think he'd tripped and fallen.... i ran to his room.... the window in his room was open.... he'd jumped out of the window!!!!..... 'oh my gawd!!!... this guy is a daim weird ass!!'.... there was an entire door through which he could walk any time he wanted, and here he was, jumping out of the window!!!.... jumping.... jumping.... JUMPING!!!!.... the word stuck to my mind.... so this was why the landlord called him a jumpie!!!!.... he jumped out of windows, so he's a jumpie!!... why didn't it occur to me earlier?!!!... maybe it's because i'd never heard of the word before!!... i turned to go to my room... but there was something strange.... the room felt terribly hot.... 'oh my god!!!!' the idiot had painted the walls black!!!!... now this guy was getting scary more than strange!!!... i ran to my room and somehow put myself off to sleep.... the next day, before going to college, i checked on the guy whether he'd returned... he was there.... still staring at the wall... i didn't say anything... i left for college....

the day was tiring.... when i got back home, the guy was still there.... i was beginning to feel a little uncomfortable.... i changed and went over to his room... i was determined to acquaint with this guy.... the door to his room creaked open.... "hey you wanna go for a walk???", i asked him.... still, there was only the faint grunt.... there was a strong stench in his room... something like raw flesh.... i thought he was going to cook..... i went over to my friends' place.... i returned a bit late.... when i got back, he wasn't there.... and again, he'd used the window.... i switched on the light.... i decided to take a look around his room.... there was nothing particularly worth mentioning... but then, something caught my eye.... there was a huge clump of bones in a corner of the room..... i had to cover my mouth to stop myself from screaming!!! now i was determined to find out what this guy was up to.... i went to my room and unwound my webcam.... i connected the cam to my comp and put it in record mode.... i mounted the cam in a spot in his room where he wouldn't notice it.....

in the morning, i checked my comp to see whether i'd got anything interesting.... the guy had not yet returned.... i left for college....

when i returned, the first thing i did was run to my comp and check whether i'd got anything interesting.... what my cam had recorded was no where near interesting!!!!.... it was horrific!!!!.... i could see my roomie jumping in through the window.... but along with him he dragged a body.... a human body.... the head had been severed from the body.... there was blood all over my roomie's body.... then he chopped the body into small pieces.... and then he began cooking them.... this was too much fer me to take.... i almost fainted when i heard tapping on my door.... it wasn't even a knock.... just a constant faint tapping.... i turned off the monitor and opened the door.... my roomie was there.... he held out a plate... on the plate was some cooked meat.... smelt good.... "for you", the man grunted.... i took the plate.... and he walked away... "thanks sir!!!", i shouted behind him..... he didn't even turn around.... i closed the door and sat on my bed.... suddenly something struck me!!!!.... jumpie!!!!.... my landlord wasn't saying 'jumpie'!!!!!.... he'd meant ZOMBIE!!!!!.....

i suddenly had great respect for my roomie.... i took out a fork, and put a small piece of the meat in my mouth...... hmmmmmmmm...... human flesh tasted goooooooood after all!!!!!!!........

No comments: