Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Perfect Roomie

another significant change in me after i moved to india is my ever increasing bad luck with my accommodation... i was forced to vacate three out of the four places that i stayed in, in the past 3 and a half yrs!!!!...
the first place being my college hostel... in my first year of college, there was this huge student protest... every day, a building of the student's choice was set on fire!!!... finally when our hostel's turn arrived, and the damage was getting out of control, the 'authorities' decided it was time to kick our asses out of the hostel....
after almost a month of searching, my roomie and me managed to find a crap place to park our asses... after a year's stay at the place, our landlord walks in one fine day and breaks one of our taps (don't even ask how it all happened!!!), screams at me and asked us to get out.... we din't get out!!!... :D.... the next time we went home and got back after a month, our place was totally brought down and there was a new apartment in its place!!!... now we had to move out!!!....
after staying in our next apartment for more than half a year, we had to again move out when our landlord committed suicide!!!!.... gah!!!....
after that, we managed to stay at our next place till we had to move out when we actually had to move out of the city.... although there were signs of us getting thrown out as neighbours complained of supercharger bottles lying on the terrace and my "sister" visiting my place too often!!!....

but my luck with houses wasn't always so bad, considering the fact that my family stayed in the same apartment for 10 whole years in muscat!!!!!.....

No comments: