Monday, November 24, 2008

Tony Hawk! Are You Listening????

as a kid (ha! "as a kid".... makes me sound like i'm 60 nw!) when i was in the 5th grade, i'd always wished i could go skateboarding.... i used to love the sport a lot.... but my parents hated it, because it was too "extreme"!!!! (my parents used to think everything i wanted to do was extreme!! mountain climbing, bike riding (the mountain bike.... and not the motorbike!!!.... i still don't know how to ride a motorbike!!!.... lol!), rock climbing, playing with sri lankan kids... everything extreme.... only cricket and basketball were approved).... after months of persuasion, my parents finally obliged to get me a skateboard.... that was one of the happiest days of my life!!!... my biggest dream (at that time) was finally going to get fulfilled!!... but then.... the next day (the day whose evening we were planning to get my board), my pretty close friend at that time comes to my place with a cast around his arm.... the reason fer his cast- he'd fallen from his skateboard!!!... (don't ask me who dis friend was!!!.... i don't want to mention his name... the only clue i can give you (if you're from ism, that is) is that he had unusually crooked legs and used to play football)..... ah! perfect timing! there couldn't be a better time for this guy to break his godamn hand!!!.... and that day..... my dad decided that the word 'skateboard' should be a forbidden word in the household.... and so it was!!!.... and now.... ten years later.... the burning desire in me to go skateboarding has once again come alive.... only problem is i'm wondering whether it's too late.................................................

No comments: